Saturday, October 12, 2013

Legislating Morality?

     Ok, so before we take off on our next adventure, I need your opinion... I know where I stand, and I will post about that on Tuesday of next week, but I want to know what you all think.
     First question... Can the government, through enacting laws, define what is morally right and wrong? That is... Will outlawing an act make people believe it is immoral?
     Second question... Should the government try to define moral right and wrong? Constitutionally, is it the government's place to define moral standards?
     In my post on Tuesday, I will bring these concepts down to where we live a little more, but for now, I really want to know what you think about these questions. How we answer these questions, the truth that we reach in this adventure, will set the tone for the next several posts.
     So please let me know what you think. I will be looking, and I will address any arguments you have to defend your position. I am looking forward to discussing this issue, so get your comments in and look for the next post on Tuesday!

No comments: